Getting to know with the new football prodigy.
Playing this season’s FIFA World Cup, career of this promising young football prodigy had eventually turned after he had been discovered with his great display in pitch during the tournament.
Born to his father, Wilson James Rodriguez Bedolla that is also a footballer and his mother Maria Del Pilar Rubio in 1991, James Rodriguez, a 23-year old Colombian striker, had gotten the attention of the whole world of football as he not only played a superb striking ability during the recently concluded FIFA World Cup but also by breaking a new record and kicking out Zinedine Zidane in the top 10 all time highest transfer fees in the football history.
1. With a transfer fee of £63m, James Rodriguez from AS Monaco to Real Madrid has placed 4th with the highest transfer fee of all time in the football record .
2. In 2013, James Rodriguez signed with AS Monaco for €45million from his former club Porto and accounted him as the second expensive in the Portuguese football chronicle.
3. In 2008, a 17-year James Rodriguez had played for the club Banfield in Argentina and he was considered as the youngest foreign player who played in Argentine League.
4. James’ 25-yard volley goal against Uruguay had voted as the goal of the recently concluded World Cup.
5. Showcasing his talent during their match against Lanaus, he earned the tag as the “James Bond of Banfield”.
At the age of 13 in 2004, James was signed by football club Envigado from the club where he had started his career Academia Tolimense football school as he was spotted by one of the depositor of the former, Gustavo Adolfo Upegui Lopez, in Pony Futbol championship in 2004 match after Lopez’s 21 months of being behind the bars in 1998.
7. Having a busy football player father, James had left with the guidance of his godfather Juan Carlos Restrepo in honing his football skills.
8. In 2011, the Colombian striker held the captaincy of their country’s U-20 national football team in Toulon tournament heaving them also at the quarter-final of that year’s Youth World cup.
9. In their 2011-12 season’s league division, Rodriguez claimed the Player of the Year award at the age of 20, after recording 14 goals and 11 assists adding that in his trophy collection as his 8th award for just only three years of playing.
10. In his debut season with his former team,AS Monaco, James flaunted his skills in the pitch by netting 10 goals and 12 assists for his team.
Mickey Mantle: Inside and Outside the Lines is a Memoir of Friendship between Mickey Mantle and lifelong fan and admirer.
The two-time ISL runners-up are not having the best of the result so far. The team is slowly, and steadily restoring the parity, and these stars, both overseas, and homegrown, have played contributed immensely to their gamepaly.
As we are already into the second Grand Slam (French Open) of the year and the third one (Wimbledon) is not so far, let us review the mid year performance and progression of India's top ranked singles players. All these players have already spent years on ATP circuit and gained good enough experiences at the highest level of the sport.